Cybersecurity Awareness Month: 10 Tricks and a Free Treat for Business Leaders
October is more than hot apple cider by the bonfire, caramel apples, and Halloween. October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month, and Iconic IT has gathered 10 tricks and a free treat for your small to medium-sized business. Take this tricky quiz to see how you rank for cybersecurity awareness, then look for Iconic IT’s free treat for small to medium-sized businesses!
Cybersecurity Awareness Month: Ten Tricky Questions
Can you guess them all? Answers are below, and no cheating!
1. What percentage of malware infections originate with email attacks?
2. What was the average cost of a data breach in 2019?
A. Nearly $1.3 billion
B. Just over $1 million
C. Nearly $4 million
D. Just over $700K
3. What percentage of breaches could have been stopped with an updated security patch between 2019 and 2020?
4. What is the average cost of phishing attacks per minute?
5. What percentage of customers will stop using a business after a data breach?
6. What percentage of cyberattacks target small to medium-sized businesses?
7. Following a data breach, what percentage of businesses will close permanently?
8. How long on average did it take businesses to realize they had been breached in 2019?
A. Less than twelve hours
B. Two to three weeks
C. One to three months
D. Seven months or more
9. In 2020, the average cost of downtime due to ransomware was:
10. According to a report released by the AV-Test Institute, how many forms of malware are uncovered daily?
A. 54 thousand
B. 18 thousand
C. 152 thousand
D. 350 thousand
Thank You For Playing; Here is Your Treat!
While this little quiz was just for fun, these statistics really are frightening.
Iconic IT realizes that too many small to medium-sized businesses aren’t as protected as they should be. That’s why we’ve decided to use Cybersecurity Awareness Month to invite all qualified businesses to receive a FREE DARK WEB SCAN and a complimentary no risk, no-obligation, one-hour consultation and assessment of your network. It doesn’t matter if you have inhouse IT, don’t have a real strategy in place, or you are currently with another MSP; take advantage of this boo-tiful offer (a $695 value) for free through the month of October.