Microsoft Teams for Remote Workers
Microsoft Teams for remote workers is the best way to streamline tasks, collaborate on projects, and keep track of progress while your employees are out of the office.
Remote Workers Are Helping Keep Businesses Safe
As coronavirus floods the news, businesses are stepping up their efforts to contain infections by allowing employees to work from home.
As the virus spreads throughout the country, some of the biggest names in the world are embracing a work from home policy including Amazon, Microsoft, Google and Facebook, and most recently, Apple.
As it stands now, employees who have symptoms of the coronavirus are urged to stay home in many businesses. Some of the criteria for individuals to consider working at home, as outlined by the CDC, include:
Signs of illness
- Fever (100.4° or greater)
- Shortness of Breath
Contact with A Potentially Infected Individual
This includes people who have been in contact with someone who has been traveling abroad or who exhibits signs of coronavirus as well as individuals who have traveled abroad themselves.
High Risk Individuals
Those individuals who are older or who have chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, lung and respiratory diseases, and heart disease have a much higher risk of becoming adversely affected by the coronavirus may want to consider working from home to protect themselves.
Travel Restrictions May Be Affecting Your Business
If you were planning on having meetings with individuals from outside your state, you may find your travel plans restricted. Travel bans to or from the following European countries may complicate issues even more:
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
Luckily, you can still connect with your teams wherever they are by using Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams for Remote Workers
Microsoft Teams is a powerhouse of an app introduced to the Office 365 suite in 2016. It is fully loaded with features that keep your team connected and on track no matter where they are.
Some of Iconic IT’s favorite Teams features are:
- Instant communication via Chat
- Face to face or audio meetings between any number of employees, including the ability to record and share them
- Customizable groups (teams) within the app that allow your employees to streamline communications, documents and more between other group members
- Access to shared documents in Sharepoint that allows commenting and editing by your teams in real-time
- Ability to make groups private or public
- Contact outside parties via email
- Changing your status from “available” to “busy” so others in the team can see your availability at any time
- Bots Gallery that allows teams to access help bots, survey bots, scheduling bots and more
- Complete document storage to the cloud, allowing access to documents by any team member, wherever they are
- @ notifications to tag team members directly in Teams
- National and global reach
- Accessibility from all devices
Microsoft Teams is the streamlined, cutting edge solution for keeping your productivity moving forward with a remote workforce. Microsoft Teams for remote workers is the solution you need, now.
Stay Connected with Teams
With schools closing and students staying home due to coronavirus, your workforce may be impacted even if your employees aren’t sick. Production issues may be slowing down your small to medium-sized business, further impacting your productivity.
It’s a good idea to be prepared by setting up Microsoft Teams for remote workers, out-of-town employees, those stuck out of the country due to travel, and important meetings that can’t be cancelled.
Teams keeps you connected coast to coast, and all around the world. Your teams will work cohesively in one platform, sharing ideas and documents easily.
Iconic IT Loves Office 365 and Teams
Iconic IT loves working with Office 365 for its many features such as Outlook, Word, Publisher and Powerpoint. Teams is just another useful perk to this powerful, feature-rich platform.
If you don’t have Office 365 for Business, click here for a free 90-day trial.